Photo
- - - - -

How's your knowledge of older pop music?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 dunlap

dunlap

dunlap suru no da!

• Manager
  • 3,095 posts
  • orange

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:08 AM

Am I the only person who listens to music that all sounds the same!?

#17 echan

echan

Panty scissors ATTACK!

• Staff
  • 1,152 posts
  • blue
  • PSN: totalsuperhippie

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:32 PM

My guess is "no", but you probably encounter similarities far more often than the average person.

I end up finding myself occasionally realizing one song has the exact same chord progression as another (essentially making them the same). But that happens rarely, and it's usually when it's Pachelbel's Canon gets remixed into some pop song.
DISCLAIMER: Posts often written in a drunken stupor.

Recent Music

#18 dunlap

dunlap

dunlap suru no da!

• Manager
  • 3,095 posts
  • orange

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:50 AM

I've revisited Hamasaki Ayumi this week and I'm remembering how good it all is. I'm really impressed by the use of synchopated melodies and triplets in Ourselves and Hanabi (Episode II) (these are probably the wrong words to describe the rhythms).

I thought Ourselves echoed a lot of sounds from Do As Infinity's song Raven, but that may just be how a lot of music sounded from the early 2000s.

A few years back I was listening to the radio and was on the oldies station. I heard a song with a melody that sounded exactly like Matsuda Seiko's song Eighteen, but it was a male singer. I have looked all over for this song, but I just don't know enough about oldies to find it. I can't find any credits that Matsuda Seiko's is a cover, or the songwriting traces back any further. Do any of you recognize this song? A lot of Seiko's early music sounds like it wants to be from the sixties.

Edit: Oh, I mentioned this 6 years ago in this same thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users