• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 kroll

kroll

first things first

• Customer
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 06:20 AM

I found this little pdf about copying GDs to 80minute CDs. maybe somebody might find it useful

shidoshi, if you could get a working link for the beta pictures that would be perfect, I can't wait to see them. shenmue is the best console game ever made (with zelda for n64) and it's so sad they only made 2 parts.

by the way did you know there is also 2 movies about shenmue? actually it is just the first and second part of the game as you play it but in a movie. I love watching it every once in a while to get in this weird mood the atmosphere of the game creates in me

hehe I remember when I first got the dragon from saturns panzer dragon, since that point on I spent complete days with buying these little fellas

#17 mollipen

mollipen

If this is all that life has to offer me, then I can do without.

• Owner
  • 10,402 posts
  • brown
  • Xbox Live: pikoeri

Posted 16 October 2004 - 04:09 PM

Skies of Arcadia Debug

On the ODCM demo disc Skies demo there is a hidden debug and sound test menu, here's how to get it:

At the game select screen, highlight Skies of Arcadia. While holding both triggers down, press start twice - DO NOT let up on the triggers. Let the demo load up while still holding down the triggers. At the seizure warning screen, (still holding triggers) hit start and then the A button two or three times. You can now let up on the triggers.

You should now be at a screen that says CESA ROM Aug 8, 2000 10:13:12 and it will have a bunch of japanese text in a menu.

Selecting the first set of japanese characters will take you into a screen that has japanese text on the very top, and the word scene followed by the number 103a. You can adjust the numbers by using the triggers and dpad. Left trig increases the hundreds, right trig decreases the hundreds, with five being the highest available number. Up and down on the dpad adjust the tens and ones values, left right adjusts the letters from a to z.

* I found twelve different things at the following values: 500a
* 518a
* 399a
* 090a
* 199a thru 199f

I won't tell you what they are though, that would spoil the surprise for you. There may be more stuff at other values, I didn't really check thru all of them. ('Cmon, there's over 15000 possible combinations!)

Back out at the CESA screen, the next two sets of japanese characters don't do anything that I have found, except for the fact that you then have to either do an "open lid reboot" or a soft reboot with the controller.

The fourth set of characters on the CESA screen is where the sound test menu is located. In the sound test menu you adjust the values once again using the dpad and triggers. The only bank numbers (you'll see what I'm talking about) I checked were 1 through 7. The only banks that I found to have sounds were one and seven. (Seven has over 100 different sounds)

That's pretty much it, I haven't tinkered with it much more than that. If you find something else neat please post.

BTW, the other stuff on the CESA screen don't do anything that I found.

Have fun!

#18 mollipen

mollipen

• Owner
  • 10,402 posts
  • brown

Posted 16 October 2004 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE(kroll @ Oct 14 2004, 06:20 AM)
shidoshi, if you could get a working link for the beta pictures that would be perfect, I can't  wait to see them. shenmue is the best console game ever made (with zelda for n64) and it's so sad they only made 2 parts.
View Post

I fixed the post with a new link.

#19 mollipen

mollipen

• Owner
  • 10,402 posts
  • brown

Posted 01 November 2004 - 12:20 AM

Make your own Dreamcast controller!

Attached Files

#20 kroll

kroll

first things first

• Customer
  • 47 posts