The Official Podcast Thread
Posted 13 March 2005 - 06:55 AM
So, when you post about a podcast, try to include the following:
4. Subject matter
5. RSS Feed URL
6. Site URL
7. Where you found it.
Posted 13 March 2005 - 06:55 AM
2. Tokyo, Japan
4. various life in Japan things (?)
7. Tokyo Calling
Mr. Lockman, of Tokyocalling has recommended a new podcast from Japan. Check it out.
This is a great (close to accurate) quote, when Rich begins to give us an idea of what's to come in his podcast"
"Well, first of all I gotta' warn ya', I'm not a Japanophile. I'm not interested in J-pop music, or anime, or manga, or any of that...bullshit. Y'know, if people like that stuff it's cool, I'm all for it, go..go ahead, like it -- just don't talk to me about it."
Scott has a new episode this week too. He has a strange hook on me now (heh). Perhaps it's the Mr. Rogers thing he mentions.
Posted 15 March 2005 - 06:07 PM
2. Shizuoka, Japan
3. Chaz and Chris
4. Life, work, play -- in Japan
7. Podcast Alley
I discovered this last week when I went expiramenting with different podcasts that I found on Podcast Alley. I admit, that if you're exclusively into high-production like the guy who spells his name wrong, or more formal planned episodes like Mr. Lockman's Tokyo Calling, this might not be for you. It's more like a conversation between a couple (sometimes more) long-time English teachers in Japan.
As the hosts mention, you won't hear about anime or J-pop, but I'd recommend it to anyone interested in Japanese culture that is off the beaten path of Tokyo. This show is often informative, often funny, always a good listen. Check it out at least. The latest show came out today.
As a side note, I joined the forums a couple of days ago, and gave some feedback (that they requested), and was satisfied with their use of my recommendations in the next episode. Also, they make no less than two mentions of me in this episode. Heh. It's interesting hearing my name said in funny American dialects.
Posted 16 March 2005 - 03:24 PM
2. Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
3. Kent Matsueda
4. "We're bringing you programming about livin' large in the land of the Rising Sun. We'll be gabbin' about the people, lifestyles, entertainment scene and diversions of living in Kanazawa, Japan."
Posted 31 March 2005 - 12:05 PM
3. Chris Caughey and Erin Palmer
4. "Podcasting from the centre of the known universe."
7. Podcast Alley
This is another coversational, more casually paced podcast. It's one of the few Podcasts from Toronto. Sometime it's a bit boring, but it's easy enough to skip through, but if you're into this type of podcast, I recommend it. Podcast #4 was just released, so check it out.
Posted 08 April 2005 - 11:15 AM
2. Kobe, Japan
3. Terrance Young
4. "Another 'Seincast' to add to the growing world of podcasts about nothing. Brought to you with a little ex-pat in Japan flavor."
7. Tokyo Calling (again)
If for no other reason listen to this podcast (specifically #4) to find out what kurichan means. No, it's not a take on the Japanization of my family name (although it creates certain interesting circumstances around just that).
Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:18 PM
2. San Franscisco Bay
3. DanRio, Blastyojaw
4. "Hawaiian Stuffs, Bay Area Transplants, San Francisco Junks, Indie Music, Pidgin English, Good Fun, Surf, Asian Kine, Haole, Japanese, Chinese, Filipino, Portagee, Local, Korean, an whateva ada asian stuffs."
7. Kobe Beef
This is another "friends chatting about nothing" show with a good deal of music. There really is no topic they try to cover, they just have fun with what they're doing; in the latest episode they discovered skype and tried to call random people. Their taste in music is awesome, also.
Edited by dunlap, 27 October 2005 - 10:20 PM.
Posted 09 April 2006 - 07:30 AM
It seems official that Guzen Radio (formerly 3 Monkeys) will return to it's previous glory. The announced a new season (sans students) that will bring back Chris and Marcus. That should result in less family-friendly more entertaining shows.
Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:59 PM
2. Shanghai, China
3. Ken Carroll, Jenny Zhu
4. "Learn Mandarin on your terms."
7. Can't remember. Probably from one of you guys.
They go a little fast for me. I think people who are already learning Mandarin will gain the most from it.
Secret Surprise Inside
Posted 10 April 2006 - 06:17 PM
Posted 16 April 2006 - 11:58 AM
2. Somewhere in the UK
4. Videogame music from the PCE
6. http://www.pcengine.co.uk/ (seems to be down right now)
Neat little music podcast.
Edited by Guy-jin, 16 April 2006 - 12:00 PM.
Posted 08 May 2006 - 08:55 PM
1. Unrestricted Radio
2. Toronto, ON
3. I could look that up, but so could you.
4. Very nerdy in a cool way. They talk about sci-fi, videogames, karaoke, masturbation -- normal guy stuff.
5. http://phobos.apple....ast?id=84228836 (iTunes link)
7. In the Radio Leo feed, after his interview with them.
Also streams live Friday at 9PM real time (EST) on http://www.punkradiocast.com
It's four dudes talking about stuff. Funny stuff. Just listen. You'll either love it (cool people) or hate it (squares..and not the hip kind).
Posted 09 July 2006 - 05:48 AM
I was also thinking of the Top 5 Podcasts you lament, and didn't want to make a new thread.
Top 5 (4) Podcasts Pro Laments
1. 3 Monkeys Radio
2. Kobe Beef Show
3. Apocalypse Dowell Show
4. Herro Flom Japan
5. uhh..okay, you don't need 5
No I haven't listened yet.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users